Course objective is to explain to ships’ officers the advantages and importance of Safety Management System (SMS) and engage them in its implementation, maintenance and continuous improvement on board their ships. Participants will gain basic but comprehensive knowledge on the ISM Code and understand the principles and functional requirements of a related SMS.
Who should attend:
Duration: 1 day
In order to make the training efficient and practical we use SuSi – Survey Simulator for practical part of the course. SurveySimulator, is an innovative solution helping to train in carrying out visual inspections in more comprehensive, efficient and safe way. SurveySimulator makes practical training possible without leaving classroom.
The course focuses on:
- Background and the vision of the ISM Code
- Introduction to the ISM Code
- Functional requirements for SMS
- Understanding and participation of all crew members in SMS implementation
- Understanding the system of internal and external verification
- Crew’s behavior during ISM audits
- Common ISM related non-conformities
- Interactive exercises using Survey Simulator