ISM Internal Auditing Course
Ensuring Ship Integrity through working Management Systems
Effective implementation and verification of effectiveness and efficiency of a (safety) management system requires periodical internal audits. The approach and scope of an audit differs widely from an inspection.Dates
|Start date (d/m/y)|
|Start date (d/m/y)|
The first part of the auditing process resembles an inspection activity (verification of compliance and identification of non conformities). This course will provide shipping and offshore company employees with the knowledge and tools necessary for performing and managing internal auditing procedures. Verification principles and methods for implementation of both formal and informal audit procedures will be examined and applied.
Participants will receive a sound understanding of auditing techniques and processes as well as management of an internal auditing program. Participants will also gain an appreciation for the role and importance of intern auditing programs within the maritime industry as related to Safety and Quality Management systems.
• Internal auditors and managers within shipping and associated companies who are responsible for determining, measuring, and monitoring safety performance and any continuous improvement programs.
• Individuals seeking interpretation of ISM Code requirements and knowledge of auditing principles.
• To be familiar with the principles of the process of continuous improvement.
• To be familiar with the basic auditing skills and techniques.
• To be able to identify basic /underlying factors and evaluate the safety management system in terms of effectiveness and efficiency.
The next step is to analyze basic causes thereof and find a way to improve the level of control of the existing safety management system. The main objective of an audit however goes far beyond this level.
The course comprises a two-day session covering:
• Safety Requirements (Overview),
• Internal Auditing Requirements,
• Audit procedure and tools,
• Audit conduct and techniques,
• Communication Skills,
• Typical problem areas,
• Questioning Techniques,
• Experience Feedback/ ISM Implementation,
• PSC Detentions/Experience Feedback.
Preparation for this training course
ISM Basic Course
Follow up for this training
No course in specific.
All training courses can be tailor made to fit your organization. The course may be held at your local office, or on your company’s premises.
Shou you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us. We have specialists readily available to answer all your